View Single Post

Old 01-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Cheetah

no i dont know...lol, this is crazy confusing. Let me tell you what I have:

* I have the Empire EFI v1.085 for Intel Core i7 9xx series.
* I have iAtkos v7 burned on a DVD perfectly, no corruption.
* I have iDeneb 1.6.158 LITE EDITION burned on a DVD perfectly, no corruption.
* I have a 2GB Flash Drive.
* I have the [Booter_AsereBLN_v1.1.7.zip] downloaded.
* I have the [Disk Image] downloaded.
* I have the [Lizard, manage your boot-loader] downloaded.
* I DO NOT have a Snow Leopard or Leopard retail disk.

I don't know what to do with all this. Please explain better. You have all the assumptions correct except I do not know how to do a proper install of chameleon.

Let me tell you my problem again, when I install iAtkos or iDeneb 1.6 LITE, After installation, it hangs on the Shiny Apple logo, and the loading circle....it doesn't pass that screen.

Your instructions were a little bit unclear to me.

So I burned the Empire EFI I got, to a DVD and booted from it, I wondered why it was so small and it was that it required a full Retail OSX DVD which I do not have. I was looking for a solution like iAtkos or iDeneb which include the OS. I cannot download the Retail DVD because (1) I do not have Dual Layer burner for such a large file (2) I do not have a 8GB+ Flash Drive and (3) I do not have an external HDD.

So is there any way you can help me with the ones I already downloaded (iAtkos v7 or iDeneb v1.6 LITE EDITION). Also even if I did get into the OS I didn't get the step where you said:

"So boot in to OS X and download this bootloader: Booter_AsereBLN_v1.1.7.zip
In the .zip you will find the same files as for chameleon. Install them to your drive (you know fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0 & dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsX). Now restore the disk image I attached at the bottom to your USB drive (or I guess you can restore it to your OS X partition WITHOUT checking "Erase destination", if you must have it on your HDD, but I recommend using a USB, it allows for much greater flexibility)."

yeah I didn't get that whole chunk. If you could translate that, it also would be great.

Now what I was thinking was that I can get into OSX with iDeneb or iAtkos when booting from the DVD. It's just that after I go through the installation, my problem was booting from the HDD. But I think that all you need me to do is use the Disk Utility, which I can use before installation when I boot from the DVD. Would that work? Booting from the DVD and just keep doing the steps that you said? Can I install the Booter_AsereBLN_v1.1.7.zip from there, and restore the Disk Image to my OSX partition (since I don't have a big flash drive)?

I also dont get the "fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0 & dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsX" what do I do with that code, and I also don't know how to "restore" the image to the OSX partition or Flash Drive.

Sorry for being such a n00b but this will help many others just as it will help me. I really appreciate you putting your time into it for me. It is a learning process. :]