View Single Post

Old 01-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Jaguar

That means it can't find the OS's kernel (named mach_kernel and placed on the root of the DVD/HDD).
I need to ask you a question, do you have any access to a mac? This would make the whole thing much easier. From what I can see in your post you don't. If you dont, please try this:
copy the folder inside of Booter_AsereBLN_v1.1.7.zip to the pen drive (format it as FAT32, so that mac and windows can read it) and copy the contents of the disk image too (the Extra folder is what you need). Now your pen drive should contain two folders, Extra (that you copied from the .dmg), and the extracted Booter_AsereBLN_v1.1.7.zip. Also, copy the entire .dmg just in case
Boot from your iAtkos DVD, and do this: open Disk Utilility, select your pen drive's partition and click the "i" in the toolbar. Take note of your "Disk Identifier" and "Mount Point" . Look at this example:

Name : FLASH DRIVE
Type : Volume

Disk Identifier : disk4s2
Mount Point : /Volumes/FLASH DRIVE
File System : MS-DOS (FAT32)
Connection Bus : USB
etc, etc.
So this case it is disk4s2 and /Volumes/FLASH DRIVE (FLASH DRIVE is the actual name of the partition, not the drive)
Now format your internal HD as GUID with partitions to your liking (at least one HFS+ one for OS X)
Now open terminal and write:
cd /Volumes/(insert your mount point here)/Booter_AsereBLN_v1.1.7/
fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2
cp boot /
cd /Volumes/(insert your mount point here)/THE FOLDER WITH THE FILES FROM THE .DMG
cp -pR Extra /
Done, now install iAtkos (don't select any options except the base system or whatever it is called). When it is done, try and boot. If it dosen't, try repeating the steps WITHOUT installing iAtkos again (just reboot).
I do recommend you just buy a Snow Leopard DVD for 25$ (if you have a DVD-DL reader).
Quote:
So I burned the Empire EFI I got, to a DVD and booted from it, I wondered why it was so small and it was that it required a full Retail OSX DVD which I do not have.
Empire EFI is made to be a universal boot CD for most "modern" PC, so that you can just burn it and boot from retail. It contains a boot-loader and a bunch of kexts, that's why it is so small.
Just so you now, if you select a drive in disk utility you get a "restore" tab. This allows you to copy one drive to a other, or a disk image to a drive.