View Single Post

Old 03-22-2011, 01:43 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBogey View Post
Thanks for responding so quickly, Adrian

Sorry to hear about the failed GPU flash. Yeah, the PSU is overkill but it was highly rated AND was on sale at Newegg. Oh and I didn't mention that I have my 930 overclocked to 3.6GHz with a Zalman cooler (for some reason it's showing a bit faster at 3.78 under OS X).

I've attached a screenshot of the KEXTs I already have loaded. I'm sure from what you've been posting I can weed those down to just a couple. Do I still need to install the latest Chameleon if I already have a boot loader? As to the DSDT, I'm wondering if it will help with one issue that's been bugging me since I first built this. Whenever I go to reboot, instead of the PSU staying on and just the MB resetting, it will shut the power off to the PSU and then turn back on but when it does this, the MB won't post - no codes at all. I have to power it off for a few minutes and then hit the power switch. My case has plenty of fans and the CPU registers at a max temp in the 60s (C) under load. In the PSU manual, it says that it has current/voltage (over & under)/power and short circuit protection. I'm wondering if the PSU is taking the powering off as an undervoltage situation and locking it until it releases it after a few minutes. It DOES otherwise softboot if I clear the BIOS to default settings. Real head-scratcher.

Thanks again
I don't know why I don't get email alerts of replies... I'm subbed

Well, if you use the files I linked (which include the latest chameleon -needed for P and C states, the minimum necessary kexts, DSDT and plists), you can get down to just fakesmc an audio and a network kext (unless you'r using an ATI GPU, in that case you probably need another ATI kext, I have nvidia so I'm unfamiliar with ATI under OSX). My package contains these kexts and hardware monitoring kexts, to get fan speed, voltages, temps, etc. Please tell me if you'r using ATI as the kext required for GPU monitoring differs.

As for the reboot issue: it boils down to hard vs soft: if it's a software issue (ie, related to the way OS X reboots) it'll probably be fixed. If it's hardware, I doubt it.
I have a similar issue: bclk>160 and I can't sleep in windows and reboots power off completely (thou it does turn itself back on). If it's under 160, evereything work's normally.

I hope I helped