View Single Post

Old 01-16-2009, 04:42 PM

ASUS Hotkey for 1000H

Hi all on my first post here,

I am trying to make KEXT to support the Hotkeys on my 1000H.
I am not much of a coder, more of a hack, I used references from Superhai's AMW0, Apple examples and Linux's EEEPC driver to hack out this KEXT.

Currently it can read all Instant keys, all FN keys, no LID or Power Button detections. The problem is I only know how to read Setting using ACPI methods but have no idea how to Write (set) Control methods with an argument.

So what I did is hack the DSDT tables with new methods as toggles, lol.
Although it works but if someone can teach me the proper method to send the method with an argument, that will be great.

So what is working? (only with modded DSDT.aml)
1. FN+F2 : Bluetooth on/off - disabled "WIFI on/off" as it is cannot be turn on.
2. Instant Key 3 : User Key1 : Card reader on/off.

Without modded DSDT.aml
Can read brightness levels, on/off Setting from WIFI, Card Reader, Camera? , Bluetooth and all ACPI keycode.

Should work with most ASUS notebook with "ATKD" device. (check your IOREG)

To keep things simple, I will post the KEXT without modded DSDT.aml (to read keypress), the keypress code will be sent to your log.

Once I know how to write to the ACPI, we should be able to turn things on and off.

Remember : tested only on EEEPC1000H!
For now test it and let me know if it can read all your ACPI keys. For other ASUS model, let me know if it works, so it can be incorporated eventually.
Thanks.

Anyone interested in helping out with the code. please let me know, would love to learn from you.

Thanks in advance,

Update with new Kext..
Attached Files
File Type: zip ACPI4ASUS.01c.kext.zip (11.5 KB, 284 views)

Last edited by pentiumpc; 01-19-2009 at 05:50 AM.