InfiniteMac OSx86  


Reply
 
Thread tools Display modes
  #11  
Old 03-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Dabluest Dabluest is offline
Cheetah
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
You got my 5906M card working (even in Lion)! I'm almost speechless. I never thought that would happen! You rock! Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-05-2011, 07:57 PM
webwolf webwolf is offline
Cheetah
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Dell XPS m1330

Hi,
I have a Dell XPS m1330, Hardware Info reports a 5906M network card, but I tried to install your driver without success: I can't see any new interface in System Preferences / Network.
In /var/log the only mention I found is in system.log:
com.apple.kextd[10]: BCM5722D.kext has no Info.plist file.
com.apple.kextcache[591]: BCM5722D.kext has no Info.plist file.

Any idea?
Thank you
Marco
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-06-2011, 04:24 PM
adlan adlan is offline
Jaguar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by webwolf View Post
Hi,
I have a Dell XPS m1330, Hardware Info reports a 5906M network card, but I tried to install your driver without success: I can't see any new interface in System Preferences / Network.
In /var/log the only mention I found is in system.log:
com.apple.kextd[10]: BCM5722D.kext has no Info.plist file.
com.apple.kextcache[591]: BCM5722D.kext has no Info.plist file.

Any idea?
Thank you
Marco
from the log, I see the the kext failed to load because there is no Info.plist file, can you verify that the installed kext does indeed not contain Info.plist? if it is, try removing and reinstalling the kext? verify the downloaded kext too.

Terminal,
ls /System/Library/Extensions/BCM5722D.kext/Contents
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-06-2011, 04:35 PM
adlan adlan is offline
Jaguar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by adminio View Post
Thanks! I have a Acer5315 w/BCM5906M works!
glad to hear that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabluest View Post
You got my 5906M card working (even in Lion)! I'm almost speechless. I never thought that would happen! You rock! Thank you.
oooh, on Lion too? great! hey, where did you get that?


thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Dabluest Dabluest is offline
Cheetah
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlan View Post
glad to hear that



oooh, on Lion too? great! hey, where did you get that?


thanks!
A certain green devil
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-13-2011, 01:41 PM
abiogenesis abiogenesis is offline
Cheetah
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
OMG i've found this thread and I'm ruined.
Because I was writing my own driver for bcm5906m too
I started reading 5722-PG101-R.pdf and if_bge.c in January and just today got working rx and tx without checksum offloading support, multicast and power state switching.

And now I don't know what to do, either to delete my http://code.google.com/p/osx-bcm5906m/ project which is still under construction, or finish the driver and upload it there, but now it doesn't make any sense

Last edited by abiogenesis; 03-13-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-14-2011, 04:23 PM
adlan adlan is offline
Jaguar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by abiogenesis View Post
OMG i've found this thread and I'm ruined.
Because I was writing my own driver for bcm5906m too
I started reading 5722-PG101-R.pdf and if_bge.c in January and just today got working rx and tx without checksum offloading support, multicast and power state switching.

And now I don't know what to do, either to delete my http://code.google.com/p/osx-bcm5906m/ project which is still under construction, or finish the driver and upload it there, but now it doesn't make any sense
ugh, sorry to hear that,
initially, i developed this driver for my card(5787m), since bcm5906 is also documented in the manual, i decided to support the model.

since you have started, don't stop! just finish it, take this as an exercise for you, it gives you experience and it can be beneficial to you and the community in the future. surely it seems like a waste of time, but it's your choice. if it were for me, i would go for that route

Last edited by adlan; 03-14-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-14-2011, 04:36 PM
adlan adlan is offline
Jaguar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabluest View Post
A certain green devil
got that
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-15-2011, 12:33 AM
rals2007 rals2007 is offline
Cheetah
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
adlan

Superb!

Better to have a log with only,

my_name_adlan_BCM5722D: Model: BCM5787M NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet
my_name_adlan_BCM5722D: Ethernet address 00:11:22:33:44:55


This way, much cleaner.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-16-2011, 03:28 AM
adlan adlan is offline
Jaguar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rals2007 View Post
adlan

Superb!

Better to have a log with only,

my_name_adlan_BCM5722D: Model: BCM5787M NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet
my_name_adlan_BCM5722D: Ethernet address 00:11:22:33:44:55


This way, much cleaner.

Thanks
i've uploaded the non-chatty version.

thanks!


Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes