View Single Post

Old 03-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by uninc View Post
well that is dissappointing . thanks for looking it over uman.

i tried a vista dsdt with the same result.

the bios is modified, removing the original whitelists. it is from the insanely thread referenced earlier.
there is someone who is using an asus bios for a hp dv3xxx; it was a solution that predated the modified bios. the asus specs are almost identical to my hp. what are the chances the dsdt may solve the sleep/lcd issues using that asus bios?
I would get in touch with that person and find out what the issues were. I hesitate to advise you here because I don't want anything to happen to your system. And given that certain device registers are memory mapped via a DSDT, it may be possible that changes could be made that are difficult to recover from.

--
MacBook Pro - have allergy to nickel in the aluminum casing. So my kid gets an expensive toy!

Gateway MX 8738 - Retail, vanilla Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (thanks kizwan!) with Chameleon RC4, modified DSDT. Upgraded to Core 2 CPU (easy to do). Upgraded to 640GB drive. Everything but SD card working. Minor niggles. GMA950 with QE/CI and *no* artifacts.

iMac (luxo/lamp) G4 with Tiger.