View Single Post

Old 03-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Panther

Kiz,

Here they are. I've included the unmodified, original one, and my latest. I seem to remember, in Leopard, that my display would dim when I removed the power cord, but now it does not. However, note that I don't have battery working (VoodooBattery panics, and I am using NullCPUPowerManagement). I don't plan to fix the battery issue because my battery is shot anyway. I suspect that display dimming is tied up to proper PM functioning.

I suspect it would be trivial for me to get dimming to work, since it is clear that Darwin does respond to the _BCM method. Right now if I hit Fn-F8, which on the Gateway has a dim/bright sun icon, the display dims or brightens.

In the DSDT, you'll see that it's using the _Q11 query method.

I don't think the Gateway's LBCM method (which implements what _BCM calls) is implemented very cleanly. I liked the design in uninc's HP dsdt better, but I don't have much interest in fixing the gateway's one. So you might also want to look at the HP one of uninc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip uman-dsdt.zip (47.6 KB, 32 views)

--
MacBook Pro - have allergy to nickel in the aluminum casing. So my kid gets an expensive toy!

Gateway MX 8738 - Retail, vanilla Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (thanks kizwan!) with Chameleon RC4, modified DSDT. Upgraded to Core 2 CPU (easy to do). Upgraded to 640GB drive. Everything but SD card working. Minor niggles. GMA950 with QE/CI and *no* artifacts.

iMac (luxo/lamp) G4 with Tiger.