View Single Post

Old 04-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizwan View Post
I see you apply fix for restart/shutdown. Before applying the fix, which one do you have problem, shutdown or restart or both? I have problem with restart & currently using openhaltrestart.kext to fix the issue.
I don't recall, but I think both. It pretty much works now (both shutdown & restart), but occasionally fails. I am no longer using EvoReboot. I have been using Conti's patched ChamRC4 (see here: http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2010/03/...ack_v1-0-r111/) which includes the rekursor restart fixes. I'm not sure if it's the DSDT changes I made, or the Conti RC4, or both that (mostly) solves the issue for me.

Quote:
I added PNLF (backlight) in my dsdt but it didn't do anything. The slider in System Preferences always set to maximum & I can't change it. It will always back to maximum position whenever I try to change it. Brightness/backlight doesn't change at all. It make sense since in IORegistryExplorer, min & max value is 0x00. But since Fn key to adjust brightness is working, I don't care much about this.
I have reasonable values in IORegistryExplorer, but the slider doesn't work for me either. I believe it's because AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer is trying to directly adjust the brightness. I too don't care, since my function keys work (but not the ones with the Apple Sun icon).

Quote:
I have added uninc's DSDT for _BCL, _BCM & _BQC in my dsdt. Will know if dimming working or not in windows after flashing it to BIOS. This kinda difficult because it doesn't exist in my dsdt before. Looks like my acer doesn't use 0x86, 0x87 to control brightness.
If the Acer is using AMW0 for this, then you may need to disable that part.

Quote:
I see you identified a lot of acronym/variable used in your DSDT. Nice. kizwan
Thanks. I only wish there were more standards for DSDT names.

--
MacBook Pro - have allergy to nickel in the aluminum casing. So my kid gets an expensive toy!

Gateway MX 8738 - Retail, vanilla Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (thanks kizwan!) with Chameleon RC4, modified DSDT. Upgraded to Core 2 CPU (easy to do). Upgraded to 640GB drive. Everything but SD card working. Minor niggles. GMA950 with QE/CI and *no* artifacts.

iMac (luxo/lamp) G4 with Tiger.