View Single Post

Old 09-30-2009, 05:51 AM
Cheetah

DSDT Striker 2 Extreme Help

Hello folks, wonderful forum we have here! So much information, yet I continue to seek your help!

So I have 10.5.8 running on my system, using EFI Strings for my dual 9800 GTX, but I am attempting to move on to Leopard. I am aware of the DSDT Patching needed for Snow Leopard to patch the CMOS reset, but I also am aware I can incorporate my graphics, audio, LAN, USB fix, power fix, RTC fix, and many more straight into the DSDT file. Also, I hear you can patch a bios to flash to the motherboard and DSDT becomes obsolete.... well thats my final goal! A DSDT patched BIOS, but in the meantime, I need help applying those patches to my DSDT file. I am aware of extracting DSDT, I know a BIT about the patches required (using DSDTSE) but I have NO clue how to do LAN, Audio, or Graphics. Hell, I even have a tough time doing small stuff like USB fix as my DSDT isnt similar to that of the guides I saw.

Well anyway, my system is as follows;
Asus Striker II Extreme - nVidia 790i Ultra SLI
2 x 2 GB DDR3 1333 mhz OCZ HPC RAM
500GB Western Digital Caviar (Multi OS) - SATA
18gb (OS X) - IDE
250GB Maxtor (Snow Leopard Install) - SATA
2 x 9800 GTX
Intel Q9650 Quad Core

Basically i'm trying to do a retail install, and keep it as vanilla as possible. I intend to use Snow on a hard drive with Win 7 and Win XP on it...