View Single Post

Old 02-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Puma

BuildSmart,

Thanks for your reply.

The lines you were referring to, were not on the file. I deleted them --all DSDT files because after I would fix one issue another would crop up. I've tried these patchers:

1 DSDT Patcher GUI
2 DSDT iaslme
3 Koala
4 DSDTSE for Windows XP beta
5 Microsoft ASL Complier v3.0 and v4.0

They all present errors.

The DSDT files I extracted using three methods from a running Windows 7 OS and Hackintosh 10.5.7 and SL 10.6.

First method DSDT Patcher GUI
Second method DSDT iaslme clr
Third methoed DSDTSE for Windows
Fourth Method RW-Everything 1.4.7
Fifth Method MS ASL Compiler.

I do not know how BIOS manufacturers are able to compile with errors.

The last error I had was "If(ECEN)" using MS ASL Compiler.

It's all a pain in the @$$ and there sits 10.5.7 and 10.6 on my IDE HD dead, waiting to be revived. But the other problem is, 'if', I get this up and running, proper, I have to go through all this B.S. to get it to work again. Which I started in December 09. It is today Feb '10. I have been loosing sleep just to get this to work. Not worth the sleep deprivation. No help thus far, You're the first to actually reply to any of my posts, which I think is a grand total of 4.

Any way I abandoned the whole project because of lack of information and support for AMD and Asus combination with the Newer Boards, that support, AM3 CPU's and DDR3 RAM. Plus this board has OC and other strangeness in the BIOS you don't find on other boards, for instance on the MSI board with the same chipset ATI, the BIOS is packed with nifty options, just in case.

All the buzz is about Intel based. So I find it an exercise of futility in trying to get this to work. In the process, because I yawn at Windows any version (been using them for years and quite frankly it gets more and more bogged down with useless user input) I have to stick with the lesser expensive models. I toasted two CMOS's. That's correct, they went hay wire. Wrong AML's. The first experience was with iPC 10.5.6 w/DSDT patcher w/newHPET, this did not compile correctly and I could not get it to compile correctly with an nForce MCP61 and AMD CPU. Thus, CMOS was toasted after a week or probably less. Would not boot Windows 7 on another drive even though I had the drive disconnected as suggested. BSOD left, right and center. Reinstalled Windows a half dozen times from scratch and eventually same episodes.

I have a lot programs and information stored in Windows that I need to use on a daily basis.

I was hoping to change to OSX but this is futile with AMD and ATI chipsets of later versions. DSDT just won't compile and the information I came across was always based on Intel chips. They don't' even come close to AMD. So, with the tables and reading them to match, I haven't a clue what I'm looking at when cross referencing. Over here on this DSDT that compiled says to do this, but over here on this DSDT.dsl or asl file it is not present in the same code, written exactly the same using the same identifiers. None of this is present, can't even cross reference.

Then I read this:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=241.0

This says, to extract the dsdt tables from a running OS.

Then I read the link within the post, which talks about SSDT tables which DSDT refereneces. This gets pretty hairy and explains to me that DSDT is not enough to truly manipulate the OS to read the hardware correctly. So one would need the whole ACPI tables to get the job done. In other words, you have to rewrite the code to port.

I just visited you forum. I'll have a look indepth.

Thanks again!
Have a good week
Stu

iDeneb 10.5.7 -cpus=4
Windows Vista x32 H.P.
Btldr: Chameleon 2 RC4 PCEFI 10_5
Legacey Kernel 10.2.0

PC SPEC:
AMD P2 X4 955 @3.5GHz - MB: MSI 785GM-E65 - Graphics: MSI R5670 1 GB DDR5 - HDD SataII 500Gb + 320Gb - USB SataII 300Gb Seagate; 4Gig DDR3 1333Mhz; Antec 550w True Power PSU