View Single Post

Old 07-24-2010, 04:54 AM
Cheetah

Worked with XFX Radeon HD 4650

I had Snow Leopard 10.6.4 fully running on my Hackintosh with a XFX GF 8500GT. But last week the card's DVI port stopped working (completely, no Snow, no Windows, not even POST/BIOS) and I had to buy a new card, as my monitor is an Apple Cinema with only a DVI-D connection. As I wanted dual DVI on Windows, and the GeForce models were too expensive, I bought the XFX Radeon HD 4650 with 1 GB and two DVD ports (Part No. HD-465X-ZDF2).

At first Snow did not even boot (KP'ed). I had to remove the device-properties key and add the GraphicsEnabler=Yes key on com.apple.Boot.plist in order to boot into Snow, but ended with a fixed resolution and no QE/CI.

I was already giving up making this card work with Snow, when I found this thread. First I tried the DVI boot file, but it didn't work. When I was already hopeless, I tried the flicker boot file, and it worked!!!

Thank you very much!

PS: The only sad thing is that I lost the Chameleon RC4 graphical interface... But I think I can live with that!

PS 2: Is there any way to use the Chameleon RC4's boot file and still get the 4650 to work? Or to modify Chameleon's boot file?

Last edited by rglaser; 07-26-2010 at 01:27 AM.