View Single Post

Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Cheetah

Legacy Audio ALC883

For all of you using the Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L, I have been running this board for awhile. Attached is legacy audio for Leopard and Snow Leopard and some tools. In the zip is a folder called HDA, in that folder is 2 other folders, one for Leopard and one for Snow Leopard and 1 file dsdt.aml. You can use either the dsdt.aml or the HDAEnabler.kext (don't use both) along with the HDA.kext. I use the dsdt.aml for my sound which just injects audio information (layout-id, and pin configurations) and the HDA.kexts injects the proper layout information for your on-board audio to work. HDAEnabler.kext does the same thing as dsdt.aml, it just injects it in a different place in the IORegistry. put the dsdt.aml file in /Extra and the HDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext (only if you don't want to use my dsdt.aml file) in /Extra/Extensions. rebuild the /Extra/Extensions.mkext using MKextTool and reboot if your using leopard. if your using Snow Leopard, follow the above directions except run Kext Utility app in the tools folder instead of MKextTool and then reboot. You should now have line out, front headphones, line in and mic working. Don't forget to remove all of your other sound kexts (AppleAzailia, Voodoo etc. before you run Kext Utility).

HDA.zip

Tools.zip