View Single Post

Old 01-31-2010, 02:02 AM

I have a similar graphics card and have had success with NVkush, NVinject and most recently with an EFI string in my com.apple.Boot.plist

I would first check to see if the file is in your /System/Library/Extensions folder. If so than lets try to correct permissions and remove the extensions cache. Open Terminal and type:
Code:
sudo su
cd /System/Library
chown -R root:wheel Extensions/
chmod -R 755 Extensions/
rm -Rf Extensions.mkext
touch Extensions
Reboot with -v -f

Sometimes these installers do not fully perform all the tasks for installing a kext. If the above does not fix the problem than you can try an EFI string. I used EFI Studio to generate mine. It also has a feature to place this information in the proper place in your com.apple.Boot.plist file. You will have to remove NVkush prior to using this. You can do so by following the commands below. Use google to search for EFI Studio.

Remove NVkush (The rm command is permanent so follow precisely)

Code:
sudo su
cd /System/Library
rm -Rf Extensions/NVkush.kext
rm -Rf Extensions.mkext
Since you are getting cozy with Terminal you may want to create a backup copy of your Extensions folder. This could prove very handy down the road.
Code:
mkdir /Backup
cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/ /Backup

MOBO: Z77MX-QUO-AOS CPU: Core i7 3770K GPU: MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC Case: Modded MacPro2,1
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance (CMY32GX3M4A1600C9) Wifi: Airport Extreme bcm94321MCA BIOS: HermitCrab Labs H3A.816M
Monitor: AOC Q2963Pm 29" WFHD 2560x1080 21:9
Interests: KDE on Apple Darwin, Keeping it real with the command line, Helping those that help themselves