View Single Post

Old 02-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Cheetah

dsmos

k so i deleted it from s/l/e and e/e ...repaired perms...cleared .caches exts etc...
but it stilll tries to load it at verbose but obviously doesnt find it ...so i (having multiple hd's and backups....had to restore it.......is it truly the reason for slow amd...nforceata loads? ive had my hacks boot in 7 spins on intel/nvidia.
with amd/ati 60 spins. not a huge deal ..boot time and actual running performance are not related., my m2n68am plus mobo is cruising after the 1 min boot time. i shaved hella time off shutdown by adjusting the kextcache permission issues :: ie " / wasnt owned by root and dropped boot time by 12 seconds..by fixing ownership issues on kextcache generation in the OS.\
but.... i truly dont know if it's "nforceata" or dsmos" or what causing my lil less than impressive start up time... its 1 minute compared to 20 seconds and it took alot longer than that to obsess over it and keep attempting to diagnose the cause...
if time is so important to me....than maybe " i should just accept it-and be productive with my computer- as a tool..rather than waste time and efort on
troubleshooting a minor irritation.perfectionist are not producers. feel me?