View Single Post

Old 06-08-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yensidetlaw View Post
Hey all,

4) Installed LawlessPPC and then attempted to create a bootable USB disk following instruction found on iHackentosh. Again, Lawless installed with no issues, but I haven't been able to lick creating the bootable USB key and getting it to boot. I restore the install disk from an ISO (the ideneb 105.6 ISO) and run the OSx86 tools hack the site refered to but got nowhere - I get a black screen that says "Boot: MBR" "Boot:done"

Tim C.
for creating a bootable usb disk: do you want to install a running system on this drive or put the install dvd on usb?
a) for the first just pop the dvd in, start install process and choose a partition on the external usb disk (even a big usb stick would do) to install on.
b) to get a install dvd on a usb stick, convert the iso file to dmg (you need osx for that), check it and restore it to the usb memory / disk. only thing lacking is a bootloader, hence install efi or chameleon on that external partition.

for updating to 10.5.7: i got my 10.5.5 lawless to 10.5.7 by using the amdupdate utility by zeph for creating a patched update pack. and i use a voodoo kernel, of course. hope this helps

Leopard 10.6.5 | Core i3 | Gigabyte H55M-USB3 | ATI 5770 | Coolermaster Cosmos