View Single Post

Old 02-09-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOCOLX View Post
Third, I'm working on the very same image with a Window/PC installation method.. With this method you have a working Snowleopard installation within 10 minutes! You don't need any OS to install!
haha I don't need any OS but Windows? That's even worse.

I do not want to criticize your idea of an universall preinstalled image itself - exactly the opposite: as I wrote I even like the idea of having Snow Leopard Release in the vein of early OSx86 Builds like the good old deadmoo image.
Nor could I say something about your work, as I haven't tested it.

My only critique was the dmg format as it's supported by OS X only, which I think is very unhandy. With having a full hard disk or partition image, there are much more options you could use it.
For example you could use such an image to create an Linux / shell script based installer, allowing the user to restore the image & installing the bootloader to an selected harddrive. - Just a little idea of mine of course.

Quote:
But there are a lot of people who don't know how to do it!
That's the reason there are some many questions about it!
This image is just for the 'noobs' that aren't able to select the right drivers and patches!
Sorry but I disagree with this.
I think a lot of the noob postings are a result of people, who are making the empty promise that OS X could be installed on any Hardware just with using some universall prepatched release - this simply ain't fact in the very most cases.
Ofcourse such releases can be a grade-A help for people with more complicated hardware, but without having at least some knowledge. these people automatically run into problems - at the latest when a system upgrade overwrites the Kernel Binary of their 50% working installation or something like that...^^

Quote:
I don't really understand why you do the same... You already posted a torrent from my very own account on Piratebay!
I am pretty sure I did not.

I guess you are talking about the Hazard Distro Thread - there are no Download Links and never have been such.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 - ASRock AM3A770DE - 8GB DDR3-1333 - Radeon HD 5570 1GB passiv - BCM4318 802.11b/g - Snow Leopard Retail
+++
AMD Phenom X3 8450 - ASRock AM2NF6G-VSTA (BIOS L2.39) - 4GB DDR2-800 - Radeon HD 4650 512MB - Snow Leopard Retail (retired) / OpenBSD