View Single Post

Old 03-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Cheetah

You are right, and I want to say that I regret using these words. In the moment I wrote these words I was upset by the elitist style of some people, which seem to me as if they wanted to say: "We are better than you." But I have to be fair and distinct between those who simply express that vanilla install is best in their opinion and the rather few ones who think that those who are not able to do a vanilla install are not worthy having a working OSx86-install - which is clearly wrong in my eyes as not everyone has the time to learn all the inside-knowledge of OS X. Or in other words, you don't have to be a dumb one if you are using a distro. For example, I'm in the game since 10.4.4 and do have the knowledge to do a vanilla install as well as I respect the massive amount of work that's been done by all the contributors to the OSx86-project. But I simply don't have the time to search for all solutions and kexts by my own - I have to earn money for my living and regretfully can't spend my time with tweaking my computers all night long - and I think it's a great step forward when the installation procedure is as unproblematic as possible.
Sometimes I just miss the appreciation for the work of distros, when I feel that some people just diss distros without any distinction. Which of course is not an excuse for being abusive. So I'm sorry - and I really mean this - for my words in the previous post.