View Single Post

Old 04-29-2009, 01:11 AM
Cheetah

Does this work with just the regular old ALC861 in my Toshiba laptop?

I tried installing the AppleHDA.kext file, and my sound still works (which is a plus) but it's no different that what I had before (basic sound out without any volume control or inputs)

However, I am a bit of a newb (and chicken shit) when it comes to messing around with my OSX setup, and I had no idea what you meant by:
Quote:
I've also devised a solution which doesn't require HDAEnabler for allow AppleHDA to attach properly...
It involves modding the DSDT (renaming "AZLA" or "AZAL" to "HDEF" for enabling it to be shown in System Profiler) and a little EFI string.
So I haven't done this -- How do I do that exactly? Would this solve my issue (of not having any volume control and/or inputs?) or is that because I have the ALC861 (and not the ALC861-VD)?

Because I didn't know how to do the above, I tried using a copy of an HDAEnabler.kext file that I found but it failed to load any sound driver when present, so I deleted it and am now back to square one.

If you could please elaborate on how to do the second step of the instructions quoted above it would be greatly appreciated. As in how to I mod the DSDT? (no idea what your reffering to) and how do I add the EFI string? (using EFIStudio or something?)

Thanks for your help!!