View Single Post

Old 12-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Puma

nVidia GTS250 512MB DDR3 resolution issue

Hello, this is my first post and the first time I installed a MAC OS X - iATKOS v7. I am beginner at this, eager to learn...

I have read tutorials and used trial and error to install it, and in the end, it works, the only problems that I have are the graphic card and audio.

After the 3rd trial and error the OS started and the first thing I tried was to modify the display resolution to 1920x1080, everything went blue, and it stayed like that, only after pressing the shutdown button on my PC the image would appear for a moment and then reboot.

I know that in linux there is a file where the resolutions are stored, I didn't find it so I reinstalled, and now I am at 1360x768, and afraid to change it until I find out how to fix it if it goes all blue on me

What I want to accomplish:
- use 1920 x1080 (if I fail who knows where the X's resolution file is?, help)
- be able to use OpenGL acceleration in PhotoshopCS4.
- make the audio work.

On iAKTOS's installation I choose the following settings:
iAtkos v7 Main System
Chameleon V2
Extra Directory
DSDT
AppleDecrypt
???? (or smt like that)
9.7.0 Kernel Voodo
APIC Driver
Disabler
OHR
Remove TyMCE
nVidia Enabler
(just the one under it, will document later)
GT200 driver
AHCI
nForce S-ata/IDE
Azalia Audio Driver
(with Voodoo HDA the system will not boot, the boot log shows that device can't start/not found), with azalia still not found but the system boots
Realtek and nForce wired netwrok cards
Post-Install

Where is located the file in which I can change the resolution if I get stuck on that blue screen (ironic, blue, a brighter blue, but still blue ) )?
---
(what is the command for opening a file, editing it and saving it in terminal? that is with X11 being down)
---
What would the best nVidia driver be for my card that will allow OpenGL in Photoshop and be able to change the resolution to 1920x1080 on my BenQ 2200HDA(DVI/VGA)?
---
How can I install a driver (will Google it too)?

Thanks a lot, ARTHUR.

Running Snow 10.6.3 + 10.6.3 annapvirth kernel on:

ASUS M3N78
(specs: http://www.deusxmachina.org/manual.pdf
Audio Chipset: VT1708B High Definition Audio 8-channel CODEC (VoodooHDA 17Feb2010 version, only JackOutput, sad about my digital output not working)
)
--------------
AMD Athlon x2 Black Edition 7750 2.7GHz AM2+ 3MB Cache
--------------
Palit nVidia GTS 250 512MB DDR3 (works with GFX Strings)
--------------
2x2GB GeIL Ultra DDR2 800MHz
--------------
Seagate 300GB