View Single Post

Old 12-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Puma

I tried
VoodooHDA, different versions and architectures.
AppleHDA(HDAPatcher doesn't work)
Azalia

in different combinations, by adding my own hex code in plist and so on. Right now I am really confused. Nothing works, somewhere I may have mistaken or the methods and kexts I tried really aren't working with my sound card, I also tried all the above listed kexts in different BIOS configurations (External Codec Only, External+Internal[VoodooHDA panics like that], Front Panel AC97, Front Panel HDA[voodoohda actually sees somethings there, device 0 no pcm channels found])

Right not there's a big mash in my head, I don't from which side to take it. I have a linux codec dump for my VT1708B(attached), what are the following steps:
- hex the file
- ..... I am lost here,
how can I manually create a kext to install and what sould I use, AppleHDA or VoodooHDA.

Can someone create that kext file and upload(that would be to easy for me)

I think that after I solve this I will try to make a very comprehensive tutorial for my mobo + nVidia GTS250 512DDR3 so that people won't have to go through the headaches that I did/do.

UPDATE: I also have a windows 7 on my other hdd, and although I reseted to default all the BIOS settings, the audio won't work in windows 7 now... the only thing available in W7 is HMDI Audio.

So apparently I physically broke me external codec in all my attempts(if that's even possible), that is just great!

EDIT: MY windows was stupid, audio works, it must have been confused that I meddled with the BIOS settings, audio works in Windows again

Running Snow 10.6.3 + 10.6.3 annapvirth kernel on:

ASUS M3N78
(specs: http://www.deusxmachina.org/manual.pdf
Audio Chipset: VT1708B High Definition Audio 8-channel CODEC (VoodooHDA 17Feb2010 version, only JackOutput, sad about my digital output not working)
)
--------------
AMD Athlon x2 Black Edition 7750 2.7GHz AM2+ 3MB Cache
--------------
Palit nVidia GTS 250 512MB DDR3 (works with GFX Strings)
--------------
2x2GB GeIL Ultra DDR2 800MHz
--------------
Seagate 300GB

Last edited by m3s_4ev3r; 12-25-2009 at 02:56 PM.