View Single Post

Old 12-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronoverdrive View Post
Honestly I can't find anything regarding the VIA codec your sound uses and OSX so you may end up having to go out and buy a sound card that is compatible. As for your slow boot time I recommend you try patching your DSDT with the HPET patches.

You misunderstood me, the boot time is ok, I always boot in verbose mode to see what's going on, and it boots in 30-40 seconds it enters the desktop i see the mouse and then everything goes black or blue until the screensaver kicks in, only then I can use it.

I really don't want to buy another soundcard, I have to make a kext that tells the system all the details about my soundcard, I just don't know how, like creating my own customized driver, I have the codec dump already, that is all the information the system would need, but how do I make a kext of it? Injection in AppleHDA with HDAInjector doesn't work, ("sound card not recognized", I thought that this should actually add my soundcard's driver to AppleHDA, how can it be not recognized?)

EDIT: I really want to use MacOSX because my win has been severely compromised with al sorts of malware and viruses and I lost 60-70% of the last 2-3 years of work.
I need a operating system in which I can run Adobe Master collection, and linux's wine does not help, otherwise I would've went directly to linux, because Ubuntu recognizes my hardware instantly and by default/out of the box, which is really weird no one has made a mod for MacOSX with my mobo in mind, because this mobo was available in june 2008, almost one and a half year and only few people tried MacOSX on this mobo.

There's a guy here on the forum with my mobo that says with iAKTOSv7 and VoodooHDA it works out of the box, iAtkos v7 was the first thing I tried, but no luck so far, I switched to 10.6.2 for better support for my graphic card and now the audio problem is nagging me.

Running Snow 10.6.3 + 10.6.3 annapvirth kernel on:

ASUS M3N78
(specs: http://www.deusxmachina.org/manual.pdf
Audio Chipset: VT1708B High Definition Audio 8-channel CODEC (VoodooHDA 17Feb2010 version, only JackOutput, sad about my digital output not working)
)
--------------
AMD Athlon x2 Black Edition 7750 2.7GHz AM2+ 3MB Cache
--------------
Palit nVidia GTS 250 512MB DDR3 (works with GFX Strings)
--------------
2x2GB GeIL Ultra DDR2 800MHz
--------------
Seagate 300GB

Last edited by m3s_4ev3r; 12-25-2009 at 07:51 PM.