View Single Post

Old 08-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Puma

OS X thinks my drives are external

I have 3 internal HDD's. They're connected via sATA. My icon's are orange, they've always been orange since installing iAtkos v7. I thought thats just how it was as I've never used OS X before. But from viewing screenshots of other's desktops I see all of theirs are gray. It was suggested to me by another member on this forum to download CandyBar and that might fix it. After looking at the current icon's and what they mean, it seems my system thinks all my internal drives are external drives.

Does anyone know why this is happening? It doesn't appear to be affecting my system performance. My computer boots in around 23 seconds, impressive to me considering I came from Vista 64-bit and it would take roughly 90 seconds to boot. I used to leave my PC on all the time because it took too long to boot up just to check email. Now I don't mind shutting it down.

Anyways, back on topic... is there some setting or preference I need to modify to tell OS X that my drives are internal not external?

Thanks!

Intel Core2 Quad Q9450 | Asus Rampage Extreme | 4GB DDR3-2000 | Diamond Radeon HD 5870 | ADI AD1988B Audio
200GB Seagate sATA2 | 2 x 250GB Seagate sATA2 | 500GB Seagate sATA2 | 1TB Maxtor USB | Pioneer DVR-212D sATA DVD+-RW
Mac OS X 10.5.8 | Voodoo 9.7.0 Kernel | VoodooHDA

Last edited by arterio; 08-15-2009 at 06:59 PM.