View Single Post

Old 02-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Panther

According to BuildSmart (see: http://netkas.org/?p=114#comment-45114), if you have a length of 0x08 and alignment of 0x01, then your manufacturer's DSDT is following the ASL spec. So you shouldn't have to make a change.

Why is not making a change important? I've heard that if you change the length to 0x02, then 10.6, and 10.6.1 are fine WRT to sleep, but in 10.6.2, you'll introduce a sleep bug. I heard this on the Russian side of infinitemac.

Can someone confirm? I'm moving to SL in the next week or so (also upgrading my lappie's CPU), so if no one confirms before then, I'll give it a try.

Oh, and BTW, I find that looking at the DSDT for the closest Mac model to your hardware is really helpful...

--
MacBook Pro - have allergy to nickel in the aluminum casing. So my kid gets an expensive toy!

Gateway MX 8738 - Retail, vanilla Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (thanks kizwan!) with Chameleon RC4, modified DSDT. Upgraded to Core 2 CPU (easy to do). Upgraded to 640GB drive. Everything but SD card working. Minor niggles. GMA950 with QE/CI and *no* artifacts.

iMac (luxo/lamp) G4 with Tiger.