InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 12-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATI View Post
i have download the empire EFi iso..unfotunately the booting always restart it self after mounting doned...did i do something wrong...i have retail snow leopard purchased from store $50sgd...

so plz anybody..help...can u guy give a very workin empire efi please..

my spec..
AMD Turion x2
ATi Radeon HD4200
Atheros AR5B93
AR8131 Gigabit Lan
ALC888S

sucessful install with ideneb 10.5.8 with workin soundcard but with weird sound..except wifi,and ethernet not workin..Like to try SL...

i just need very working Empire EFI...!!!
dude you got ripped! It costs 29.00 online from MAC Store

iDeneb 10.5.7 -cpus=4
Windows Vista x32 H.P.
Btldr: Chameleon 2 RC4 PCEFI 10_5
Legacey Kernel 10.2.0

PC SPEC:
AMD P2 X4 955 @3.5GHz - MB: MSI 785GM-E65 - Graphics: MSI R5670 1 GB DDR5 - HDD SataII 500Gb + 320Gb - USB SataII 300Gb Seagate; 4Gig DDR3 1333Mhz; Antec 550w True Power PSU
Old 12-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Cheetah

I have an AMD Turion Processor,and a Nvidia GeForce 8200M Motherboard. I was wondering if there was a version that is compatible with this.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Cheetah

Hackintosh on i7 ASUS P6T Intel X58

Pradeesh,
I have the above hardware. v1.08 gives errors such as Voodoo wont load.
the v1.02 x58 does better, loads fakesmc, but then states 'waiting for boot volume with UUID .....' but appears to move on with ".com.apple.AppleFSCCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded "
finally though I am left with "Still waiting for rood device" which gets repeated forever.
I saw your information suggesting changing the SATA drive in the setup. My hard disk is SATA 1, I don't see how to change it in the BIOS setup.
Any advice?
Thank you
Old 12-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Cheetah

Hackintosh on i7 ASUS P6T Intel X58 part 2

I also tried Boot CD 10-11-12h45.iso (the newest version, beta version) The final error messages are :
USBF: 5.635 AppleUSBUHCI[0X58EC000]::start unable to initialize UIM
Still waiting for root device

These errors occur after I have tried to boot from the Mac OS SL retail disc.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsteroyd View Post
I get the memory allocation error. Should I try the older version?

]Monty[
I had this same issue. I think it is from the cmos checksum error due to booting with an unpatched DSDT. I had to do a power down, cmos reset, re-enable my cmos settings (save these on paper). And the memory allocation problem went away.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Cheetah

@prasys, you said good but nothing after.. does that mean you know what's going on and that you're working on it?
Old 01-11-2010, 02:32 AM
Cheetah

I need to update EFI files AND make a BOOTABLE disk, but no luck.

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, I did a search, but was unsure of what subject specifically to search for in this case.

I have a dual HDD system with Windows on one and Snow Leopard on the other. I am booting off of the Empire EFI CD.

I have installed a new video card and as a result I have updated com.apple.Boot.plist that I need to modify on my EFI CD. However, now when I take the 2 updated file folders and make them into an ISO file and burn them to a CD, I am not able to boot from the CD, it always goes directly into windows instead of the EFI menu.

What step have I missed? I have used 2 different windows based ISO creators and I am burning the ISO disk using Roxio.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Cheetah

dual boot/guid partitioning help!

Hey- great work...

Couple issues/questions:

I have one internal drive on my sony vaio (i know they can have issues), and I need to install SL on one partition and Win7 on another.

I tried the SL installation on a separate hfs+ journaled partition but it had to be GUID not MBR (as opposed to my kalyway 10.5.2 I had)....and disk utility would not be able to change the partition to GUID w/o altering the whole HD.

What is the best way to install SL so I can run it in a dual boot mode with windows 7? I will have a USB 8 gig stick if that helps, and will have another USB HD handy as well (blank but wish to eventually use it for shared files w/o OS)

Concerns: Installing SL/WIndows in MBR/GUID...I have only one hard drive to create 2 partitions...from my understanding, an entire disk must be MBR or GUID...

I still have the 10.5.2 kalyway disc if its easier to install this way...

Thanks.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Cheetah

USB shows as HD

Hey! I tried empire efi 1.08 today, both legacy and normal and it saw the drive as HD. I don't have ACHI mode on my bios if im right. I got AMI bios. So what I should do, got intel core 2 duo processor, nvidia 8800gt. Should I maybe try older version or something?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by InteliMacPro View Post
I had great success with the hardware in my sig. Only thing was i had no video using the gtx260 so i had to put in my old 8800gs for the install and then swap in the gtx260 and follow PCwiz's guide to get it working. If we can find a way to get the gtx260 working in vesa for the install it would be awesome. Swapping it out sucks.
hi do you have any suggestion of any other way to install using my gtx260?
after putting in the snow leopard disk and after sometime, my screen turned black.. any solution for this? thanks

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.