View Single Post

Old 04-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Cheetah

Hi there,
I just wanted to update that I have successfully installed Mac OSX on my Toshiba with the help of countless threads on this forum (and some others) and wanted to offer my gratitude to the users of this forum.
I was able to install iAtkos v.7 on my Satellite A205-S7464 with fairly minimal headaches and plan to post a tutorial on the web as time permits.
Nearly everything worked on my initial install, however I have a few issues to address, if anybody is able to assist.
1.) Wireless networking not working [Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection]. From my investigating thus far, this might not be possible and I'm okay with that.
2.) Wired networking not working [Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller]. I have yet to find a working driver for this adapter.
I do however have bluetooth working on the Mac and on my Desktop PC and was planning on trying to set up a bluetooth PAN for internet connection sharing if anybody can guide me in the right direction.
3.) Power Management. I installed a power management pkg that I found on the web and now when I boot into Mac OS it boots into a grey screen with a power icon in the middle and the text "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button." in four languages. I'm not sure how to contend with this.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again to all who frequent this forum.
Jamoosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoosh View Post
Greetings,
I am installing Mac OS X on my Satellite A205-S7464. What distribution would you most strongly suggest? In searching around it seems that Leo4all and Kalyway are most often suggested, though I don't know if these distributions are still in development.
I've tried iATKOS v7 a few times and it locks up at the installing step with a few different settings that I've tried.
Also, you could see my related post in "Laptops/Netbooks" (I think that cross-posting is discouraged).

Thanks,
Jamoosh