View Single Post

Old 03-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Panther

Are you planning to use VoodooHDA, or AppleHDA? If Voodoo, first rename all references to HDEF to ALC6 (or whatever turns you on ) Doing so will prevent AppleHDA from loading and matching your HDA device. If AppleHDA is loaded, then VoodooHDA doesn't load.

Next, and this is common for both Apple and Voodoo. Add this to your HDEF or ALC6 device:
Quote:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
You can then add your pin configs in there or in the plist depending on how you want to get sound going. See the great guide on infinitemac, or the one on projectosx.

Search my posts and look for my question on pinconfigs to find the links. I'm still trying to find out how to get my pinconfigs without Windows, since I don't run that anymore!

--
MacBook Pro - have allergy to nickel in the aluminum casing. So my kid gets an expensive toy!

Gateway MX 8738 - Retail, vanilla Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (thanks kizwan!) with Chameleon RC4, modified DSDT. Upgraded to Core 2 CPU (easy to do). Upgraded to 640GB drive. Everything but SD card working. Minor niggles. GMA950 with QE/CI and *no* artifacts.

iMac (luxo/lamp) G4 with Tiger.

Last edited by uman; 03-13-2010 at 01:38 PM.