View Single Post

Old 03-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarda View Post
Hello,

Thanks for the info. Not sure I was clear enough tough. I'm having the problem with the SD card (I believe it's using an internal USB port) and the machine is an eeePC 901.
I need help on this one.....please.
My bad. I'm so used to SD cards not working, that I assumed you meant SSD.

You could try the following:

1. Determine what USB slot your SD card is occupying. Easiest is to highlight he drive in disk utility and right-click Information. You should see something like: IODeviceTree:/PCI0@0/USB7@1D,7. That tells me that it's using USB7.

2. Edit your DSDT to replace the _PRW for the indicated USB slot with:
Code:
            Device (USB7)
            {
            // package (argnum) {GPEbit, Wakelevel, PowerResource}
            Name(_PRW, Package()
                {
                    <xx>, // Bit number in GPEx_EN to enable USB resume 
                    0x01  // Reference to lowest sleeping state which can be 
                       // entered while still providing wake functionality
                       // no relative power resource specified
                })
where I have <xx> above, keep your DSDT's existing value, as that's the handler in the GPE for USB7. What I've highlighted in red is the change. Your existing DSDT likely has 0x03, which is effectively powered off.

What the 0x01 does is says that the drive still needs power. That *might* be enough to keep it from being ejected. But it might also prevent the computer from sleeping.

Take a look at the ACPI spec (4.0 rev) Chapter 7.2 for some of the things you can do with power management.

--
MacBook Pro - have allergy to nickel in the aluminum casing. So my kid gets an expensive toy!

Gateway MX 8738 - Retail, vanilla Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (thanks kizwan!) with Chameleon RC4, modified DSDT. Upgraded to Core 2 CPU (easy to do). Upgraded to 640GB drive. Everything but SD card working. Minor niggles. GMA950 with QE/CI and *no* artifacts.

iMac (luxo/lamp) G4 with Tiger.