View Single Post

Old 10-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdyperdy View Post
I bet Apple will sue the craap out of them, but as long as they don't INSTALL Mac on em, theres really not alot Apple can do..Right??
I just heard about the Psystar affair, and it would be less gut-wrenching if they didn't ship OS X pre-installed on their boxes, but snippets like

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.psystar.com/faqs/#faq31
Can I load my own operating system?
Yes, you can order your Open Computer with whichever operating system you like and install your choice of operating systems afterwards. We do not provide support or assistance for the installation of OS X Leopard outside of our facilities at this point in time. Psystar also specifically supports the operating system that was ordered with your Open Computing product. We will be unable to support any OS X installations that did not originate from Psystar. If you would like to have a dual boot system please note it must be purchased at the time of your initial order.
for example, suggest that they do.

I hope the guys over at Apple are satisfied with the outcome of the legal procedures. It's a good giggle running OS X on random PC hardware, but it's going to be less pleasant if they're not.