View Single Post

Old 06-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanca View Post
As we already have this thread running, i'd like to share my personal experience, on real Mac (MacBook with attached mouse) and my Hacks. I am not satisfied with mouse movements at all. Seems to me like too slow, sluggish. To be honest i have been using it for a long time and almost (but not entirely) got used to it. Recently i had to do something in Windows, and trust me, it was like a breath of fresh air. I was using A4tech X7 mouse and then Logitech MX400, also using Logitech VX nano. I tweaked mouse movements a lot with SteerMouse, MouseZoom, USBOverDrive and who knows what else, everything i could come up with. I managed to tweak acceleration to some certain level but still it is not the right movement. I shouldn't go to windows, not to see how good (at least for me) mouse moves. When i come back to OSX, it's frustrating again. Mouse curve, speed and acceleration, is just killing me.
What i have recently found is something really close to what i want with Microsoft mouse (Intelli 2 or 3, don't know exactly i borrowed it just to test). Microsoft mouse installer has its own driver, close to mouse movements under Windows.
Do you guys have such difficulties with mouse movements under OSX?
I actually find mouse movements under windows to be too fast/jerky. If i turn the tracking speed up all the way in OS X, it's also faster than i prefer. If i have it at about 2 lower than max it's nice and smooth and responsive. This is really just a matter of personal preference and after awhile you get used to either one.

~ Snow Leopard Retail w/Empire EFI ~ MSI X58 Platinum SLI ~ Intel Core i7 920 3.2GHz ~
~ Galaxy GTX 260 896mb ~ OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM ~ 500GB Hitachi SATA ~ Sony Optiarc DVD-RW ~