View Single Post

Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Jaguar

DSDT problem - very grateful if someone could help me with this one..

OK, to make a long story short..

Back in October I built my Hac (specs in sig) and the GMA950 GFX chip didn't work particularly well on leopard at all. It was latter determined that it was a DSDT issue. So, the solution was to hardcode the GMA950 address into the DSDT.aml file. Until someone created a patcher or released a tutorial on how to enter the code into your own DSDT.aml, someone provided a pre-made DSDT.aml they had made on their computer, was told it would probably only work on gigabyte boards.. which mine is. Anyway, with the DSDT.aml provided by the guy, I get perfect sleep and everything else, but I know it isn't good to use a DSDT file built on another computer. If I build a DSDT.aml on my computer using the Fassl tool and add the needed GMA950 code to make the graphics work, I don't get sleep. So, there is some code in the first DSDT.aml that has some sort of sleep fix. I myself am not big on DSDT fixes, so if someone could look at the attached files (including the first DSDT.aml and my own one, both with decompiled .dsl's) and give me a solution I would be very very grateful. Thank you! (the GMA950 fix thread is in my sig btw)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DSDT sleep problem.zip (52.3 KB, 12 views)

Previously known as NebulOSX. MacBook, 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo Penryn, 2GB RAM, x3100 Graphics. - Mac Nano (Benchmarks)- Gigabyte GA-GC230D, Intel Atom 230 1.7GHZ (Overclocked), 2GB 533Mhz RAM, Mac OS X Leopard: Boot132 Method. ULTRAcheap build. With desktop GMA950 graphics fix.

My Twitter