InfiniteMac OSx86  

Old 01-08-2009, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib View Post
Yes I'm using the original ditribution from LawlessPPC.
First, it was impossible to install it on my config, but I've figured out that my DVD was corrupted (or not perfect). So I've burn it again but not at max speed, and then install worked perfectly for me (even though first time I forgot to customize installation, so it was not working !).

I've chosen to check only those options :
- Via, SB drivers
- ALC888 drivers

At first reboot, everything worked fine : sound, ethernet, drives... No "still waiting for root device" bug at all ! After that, I've installed drivers for my graphic card : I've found a complete driver set for my Geforce 9600 GT (Kext was installed thanks to Kext helper). Then I've installed some apps (iTunes, Quicktime update etc...) and my printer.

Now, I would like to update to 10.5.6 but I'm not sure it's possible ?! (I know that Apple updater shouldn't be used !).
Update to the new Voodoo kernel and see another of my recent posts for more info on being able to use Apple Software Update with an AMD system.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Puma

Thanks !
I'm gonna read that...

Config : Intel Quad-Core Q8200 - Motherboard : GA-EG43-S2H - 2 GB RAM PC2-8500 - SATA Hard drive - Nvidia 9600 GT
Distribution : 10.6 Retail
Old 01-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Puma

hey there, i manage to install MAC OS X (lawless's version with some small changes )
but now i have to fix some small things :
- only one core is working
- the frequency of my memory is 400 MHz instead of 1000MHz
- i don't know what to do with my audio card (Creative Labs X-Fi Xtreme Audio) i don't want to use my on-board audio card and i saw on in lawless's signature : Sound Card:- SoundBlaster Live!
- (AMD Phenom 9950 BLACK EDITION Agena 2.6GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 140W Quad-Core Processor) and here it says L2 Cache: 512 KB and BUS speed it says : 200 MHz
- i have a 5 button mouse but the side buttons ar working like the scroll button, can i use the buttons to work as back/foreward ?
- i can't see my IDE dvd-rw drive (can i enter MAC OS in IDE mode, not AHCI ?)
- if i'm not using my dvd install disc i can't enter MAC OS (boot error)
- i can't seem to open most of my videos ar there any codecs( i tryed with vlc) ?
- where can i see some info about my motherboard?
* updates ar working(there downloading right now (10.5.6 ))
* both network adapters work : wireless and normal
if i forgot anything please tell me
thx

EDIT : my mac crashed
i was installing the updates and after i rebooted it gave me an error, after that my mac was not working anymore

Misi

Last edited by Misi; 01-12-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misi View Post
- i have a 5 button mouse but the side buttons ar working like the scroll button, can i use the buttons to work as back/foreward ?
Install SteerMouse, it's working great (with it, you can customize every button)
http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/index.html

Quote:
- if i'm not using my dvd install disc i can't enter MAC OS (boot error)
Same problem for me if I set the Mac partition as the boot partition. So I reverted back to my XP partition (i.e. I boot OSX from my XP partition)

Quote:
- i can't seem to open most of my videos ar there any codecs( i tryed with vlc) ?
Install "Perian"
http://www.perian.org/

Quote:
* updates ar working(there downloading right now (10.5.6 ))
i was installing the updates and after i rebooted it gave me an error, after that my mac was not working anymore
Never install OSX Delta or Combo updates directly !
I've tried many solutions found on the web, but none worked for me, I can't update my OSX to 10.5.5 or 10.5.5

Config : Intel Quad-Core Q8200 - Motherboard : GA-EG43-S2H - 2 GB RAM PC2-8500 - SATA Hard drive - Nvidia 9600 GT
Distribution : 10.6 Retail
Old 01-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib View Post
Same problem for me if I set the Mac partition as the boot partition. So I reverted back to my XP partition (i.e. I boot OSX from my XP partition)
Quote:
Originally Posted by How to: Setup SB600 Windows XP AHCI driver - by Martin953
For those of as with AMD SB600 south bridge OSx86 is easier to setup, when SATA controller is in AHCI mode (the installer sees all SATA HDD's and you can partition and choose any as install location)

But if you wanna dual boot with Windows XP (like I am) and have previously installed XP with SATA controller in IDE mode - it's like pain in the @$ - you have to enter BIOS setup each time you want to switch OSes and change SATA controller mode from AHCI to IDE or vise versa.
So I dig and have found a nice and easy solution:

1.Boot XP in IDE mode.
2.Copy "ahci8086.sys" file from attached driver package to "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers".
3.Right-click on "AHCI-InstallXP32.reg" file and choose Merge
4.Reboot, enter BIOS setup and enable AHCI mode, save and reboot. Boot Windows and have fun.

Original information obtained from german forum: "http://62.109.81.232/cgi-bin/sbb/sbb.cgi?&a=show&forum=2&show=2290"
i found this guide here but i want your opinion if i shoud try it, it dosen't say if it works on Vista
_
so the first time i tryed installing MAC i wouldn't let me create mac partition without killing my vista partition (Unallocated) so i made blank partition with Acronis and it worked(i hope it's k because it worked). But now after mac crashed(repaired my vista boot) i tryed to install it again and after the succeful install it boot's from the install disc but it dosen't continue; it stops in the darwin .

in all the dual-boot guides i found it requiers Pc-EFI and i know when i tryed to install Zephyroth i couldn't proceed because of this EFI

nfoav8or orLawless please tell about my Creative SB X-Fi sound card, do you have kext for it ?

Misi

Last edited by Misi; 01-13-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:17 AM

x-fi is not supported currently just emu10k 1 and 2 cards

Old 01-14-2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:
i found this guide here but i want your opinion if i shoud try it, it dosen't say if it works on Vista
_
so the first time i tryed installing MAC i wouldn't let me create mac partition without killing my vista partition (Unallocated) so i made blank partition with Acronis and it worked(i hope it's k because it worked). But now after mac crashed(repaired my vista boot) i tryed to install it again and after the succeful install it boot's from the install disc but it dosen't continue; it stops in the darwin .

in all the dual-boot guides i found it requiers Pc-EFI and i know when i tryed to install Zephyroth i couldn't proceed because of this EFI

nfoav8or orLawless please tell about my Creative SB X-Fi sound card, do you have kext for it ?
more than 1 core is working look in activity monitor you will see a graph for each core
the memory reading speed is down to applesmbios.kext basically it doesnt see ddr so it doesnt double the figure it gets.

Info about the motherboard? just go to manufacturers site

you should only do apple updates through apple utility without patching if you are running the voodoo rc1 kernel

but you must make a backup of this kernel in a different name so when you install the updates apple will over write the kernel with a new one so you just tell the bootloader to use your renamed 1 then you can recopy it back with the correct name

Old 01-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlessPPC View Post
more than 1 core is working look in activity monitor you will see a graph for each core
the memory reading speed is down to applesmbios.kext basically it doesnt see ddr so it doesnt double the figure it gets.

Info about the motherboard? just go to manufacturers site

you should only do apple updates through apple utility without patching if you are running the voodoo rc1 kernel

but you must make a backup of this kernel in a different name so when you install the updates apple will over write the kernel with a new one so you just tell the bootloader to use your renamed 1 then you can recopy it back with the correct name
i wanted to see info about my moatherboard on my mac, if it's installed corectly

how do i know what kernal i'm using ? it dosen't ask when installing

and could you please guide me to how should i dual-boot my OS ?

thx

Misi
Old 01-14-2009, 12:49 PM

you did read the readme that came with the iso??????

Because i think not

Old 01-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Puma

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlessPPC View Post
you did read the readme that came with the iso??????

Because i think not
k, so i have Modbin 9.4.0 Kernel SSE3 by default, then how can i run the voodoo rc1 kernel

and why, after installing sucesfully 2nd time(first time crashed), when it boots the install disc it dosen't enter mac it stops in the darwin boatloader. do i have to enter a command like startx ?

💡 Deploy cloud instances seamlessly on DigitalOcean. Free credits ($100) for InfMac readers.

Misi