View Single Post

Old 11-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceomni View Post
Thank you for the advice I will give EasyBCD a try.

As for the memory I installed with 2GB and had the same problems.

I installed 4GB and added maxmem=3548 to my com.apple.Boot.plist. This capped my memory at 3.5GB. I stress tested it for a few hours maxing out memory usage and couldn't get it to crash.

On my next install I will most likely pull the 2GB despite being able to use maxmem on boot just to narrow down the cause of any problems.

Ive read about AMD dual core timing issues. I however could not find a definite example of someone who had similar FCP install and driver problems which were solved when the timing issue had been fixed. In addition I did not get a chance to use cpu=1 so I dont know if that would have solved the install problem.

leo4all is on the list for the next hack to try. I also would like to try an install from the retail disk.

Thank Again
The only other problems I've had with amd that would make applications crash is; applications not being patched with cpuid correctly, and the problem "probably timing issues" where the mouse would go strange and applications would start to quit. Theres threads on here about the issue but don't think it was ever properly resolved.