View Single Post

Old 01-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMadd View Post
@natewill18

Wouldn't it be easier to start a new thread with your experiences and progress? I started searching for your chipset support on Google and ended up on posts from you in other threads on this forum

I think if you try to keep this centralized in one thread, including all your successes it's easier for others to see what you solved already and what not, plus it will provide a sort of knowledge base specified to your hardware for new newbies (like ourselves).

Anyway, I think you should try to install using iPC distro with PPF 3 included.
Only check "Voodoo kernel", the "seatbelt patch" and your chipset kext. (Chameleon bootloader doesn't need to be checked, it's installed by default)
After install the instant reboot will probably give you a kernel panic but in my experience the first reset won't KP.

If you get this running all other hardware support can be next.

Good luck.
alright so im usin the iPC OSx86 Leopard 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3 Public Beta image now.

/i get a kernel panic on the initial boot up from the cd ( i tried -x,-v,-f, etc)
and w/o the flags.

i didnt inject my chipset kext in it tho. But i cant even get to installaion

P.S i have a prevously failed install OSx86 image that we were previoously talkin about ( would this be causing the issue ?)

CPU: AMD Phenom 9600
Chipset: 790G SB700 (looking for the kext for it now)
Audio:Realtek ALC888
Lan: Realtek 8111C
Video:ATI Radeon HD 3200

unimportant stuff:
Ram: 4 x 1GB 240 pin ddr2 @ 1066mhz
Hdd: 40 gb (IDE) (FAT32)
250 gb (SATA) (NTSF)
External 1TB (HFS+)
External 250 GB (NTSF)
Audio interfaces: Mobile Pre, FW Solo, Lexicon Alpha, Motu, etc.
This whole rig is for production purposes

www.myspace.com/natewil