View Single Post

Old 01-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlessPPC View Post
having read over this thread to try and help again (seeing as you are posting in 2 threads the same questions). I looks like to me you are going at it like a bull in a china shop and rushing. There must be hundreds of guides on the net how to do everything you need to do. Its seems like you arent really taking in what ppl are advising probably due to the fact you are anxious to see the results of this running on your hardware. Which distro are you using at the moment? Have you confirmed it got a phenom compatible bootloader and kernel? Does it have your chipset kext on? These are some of the most important factors besides good media and reliable burning. MacOSX DVD is very sensitive to bad burning its recommended you burn at the slowest speed the media and drive will take.

P.S. Google is your friend!!!!
1st off dont play me like I'm an anxious newb, Lawless. I google everything and all the questions you're askin I ve answered in this thread, and the other thread ( I wrongfully took over). I google solutions before I post here. If you read, you would kno I was using ur Distro, cause it had a phenom combatible bootloader and an AMD patch which i needed. I was also trying to inject my chipset kexts into the image, but any program I used wouldnt let me. (which is the current situation I'm at now). And I always burned at slow speeds ( AS ADVICED) So dont chalk my issues up to me being a stubborn noob. Just admit you dont feel like helpin me b/c you think imma newb who's overlookin somethings that are on the internet, and you dont feel like explaining it. Cause that's what's going on here.

CPU: AMD Phenom 9600
Chipset: 790G SB700 (looking for the kext for it now)
Audio:Realtek ALC888
Lan: Realtek 8111C
Video:ATI Radeon HD 3200

unimportant stuff:
Ram: 4 x 1GB 240 pin ddr2 @ 1066mhz
Hdd: 40 gb (IDE) (FAT32)
250 gb (SATA) (NTSF)
External 1TB (HFS+)
External 250 GB (NTSF)
Audio interfaces: Mobile Pre, FW Solo, Lexicon Alpha, Motu, etc.
This whole rig is for production purposes

www.myspace.com/natewil