View Single Post

Old 01-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfoav8or View Post
well instead of trying to post them all at once you could paste a link to your profile here so people can see your specs in your signature...
I do hav my specs in my signature.

P<S, I get the "Still waiting for root device" error booting with -x -f -v
is it b/c im installin from an ide/sata hdd and sata dvd drive ?
(using the Lawless 10.5.4 distro)

UPDATE:
-SO I used another Distro that wqs leading me to a Kernel panic everytime i installed it (Xxx OSX LEo 10.5.5 PPF1) I used it because it was the only Distro that would allow me to install it
-I used disk utility to restore the bad osx install from my internal hdd to my external hdd, then i repaired permissions all within Disk utility.
- I booted up from the external, to my suprise it works, but my sata devices arent recognized and neither is my processor. It says Im running a Mac Pro

SO now I'm trying to install all the drivers I need (SB700 kexts, NIC kexts, ect.)
I found the SB700 kexts somewhere in the insanleymac forums and I put the neccessary files in the System/libary but i get an error sayin I installed the kexts incorrectly.

Does anyone know what Im doing wrong. I just need this to work so my SATA dvd drive and SATA hdd will be recognized so i can copy the image from the external drive to the internal hdd.

CPU: AMD Phenom 9600
Chipset: 790G SB700 (looking for the kext for it now)
Audio:Realtek ALC888
Lan: Realtek 8111C
Video:ATI Radeon HD 3200

unimportant stuff:
Ram: 4 x 1GB 240 pin ddr2 @ 1066mhz
Hdd: 40 gb (IDE) (FAT32)
250 gb (SATA) (NTSF)
External 1TB (HFS+)
External 250 GB (NTSF)
Audio interfaces: Mobile Pre, FW Solo, Lexicon Alpha, Motu, etc.
This whole rig is for production purposes

www.myspace.com/natewil

Last edited by natewill18; 01-29-2009 at 04:35 PM.