View Single Post

Old 11-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyn1x View Post
You should only need to select the boot drive in the bios once. When you say it didn't come back on what error did you get?

Re the boot commands, Partition 1 on any GPT disk formatted by Disk Utility will be the 200Mb EFI partition so use disk0s2 instead. Also there's no need to type sleepkernel.

What's your chipset, have you installed the correct driver for your motherboard? Possible solutions for the waiting for root device can be found here.

With your usb issues i would try and toggle Legacy USB support in the bios. Otherwise try a different release, Leo4All and LawlessPPC are better tailored for AMD machines than Kalyway.
Alright, thank you very much for your reply. So you say I should only have to type in the root disk once? Even when I do, there are times when the computer will not recognize the root device. For the SATA and IDE things, I'm assuming that the machine must be taken apart, but my machine is a laptop. The error I get will normally just be a complete automatic restart of the machine, or the machine will simply freeze and hang at a certain spot during the boot. Also, recently when the machine finally manages to boot up, the OS will appear just fine, but there are no input devices such as the mouse, keyboard, etc.

My machine has an AMD Turion 64 X2 processor, and as far as I know, I have been using the Nvidia Nforce drivers. The computer has an NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 Chipset, but there is no option on the Kalyway disk for that exact chipset.

The funny thing is that the Mac OS X will sometimes recognize the mouse, keyboard and any external hard disks connected to the machine. For instance, when you are in the installer and using the disk utility, everything works. I also managed to get the machine to boot fine just one time with working mouse, keyboard, external HDD, internet, etc. I shut it off because I had to run errands, and it would never boot back up after that. Also, using the verbose boot option, you can see the times where it will recognize the Synaptics Touchpad, and other times where it will ignore it.

For partitioning, I haven't been doing that thus far. I've been simply formatting the hard disk for the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and just putting the OS on there. As far as your reply, I take to mean that I should be installing Mac OS X on the second partition? I have the installer up and running on the HP and whenever I try to erase the entire internal hard disk (120GB Samsung HM120JI), it still remains as a MS-DOS (FAT) formatted volume. I can however partition the volume so that its Mac OS Extended and Journaled. Is this okay?

And again, thank you for your help.