View Single Post

Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 AM

Its an interesting concept. I was toying with another that basically set up the munky-modified boot-132 method to run retail on any computer... either intel or AMD OR mac... I use this right now with a 500GB external HD that I used a munky-modified boot-132 8GB flash drive that I restored my retail 10.5.0 DVD to and installed everything (and updated natively as well) so I can run either my desktop hackintosh OR my macbook from.

I just wish there was a way to employ this into an image file and create an easy installer for... I'm trying though... Once I get that done I'm thinking of finding someone with a distro that is close to retail (it doesn't even have to be an up to date one either as software update will work natively with it) and work to get it to install everything to the destination drive...

Now the customizing is going to be hard for this... when people choose their kexts, it would place them inside the EFI partition to be used with the munky-modified boot-132 bootloader and not interfere with the retail(ish) install... vanilla kernels could still be installed to the system because the voodoo kernel would be run from the same EFI partition as the other chosen kexts would be...

I like your idea of a pen-drive image... I wonder if this would have any place within your idea...?