View Single Post

Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Cheetah

Angry Still Waiting For Root but have I installed the right kernels/drivers etc - HELP!!!

Hi Guys

I've installed iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal PPF5 Final on a 160gb Sata Hard Drive (I have another 160gb Sata running windows and another 500gb SATA as a storage drive for windows - i have my music/movies etc on that one) and I'm getting the "Still Waiting for Root" message.

I;ve tried the suggestions posted at the top of the forums (rd=disk0s2; platform=x86pc etc etc) but I still get the message.

My main concearn here is that I've installed the wrong drivers or havent installed something vital and this could be causing the problem. I left the chipset drivers empty as I dont have a clue what chipset I have, I just know what the moptherboard is (full system spec is in my signature!); aside from that I just installed the Darwin Nvidia 512mb driver and a few of the applications. I left all the USB/ethernet stuff alone as again I dont know what i need.

Could this be the problem or is there another glaring error I've made here?

I'm really new to all this and hate to ask for help but I'm at the end of the road as far as ideas go and really need a helpful person to show me the light!

I've attached a screenshot of the boot log which may help one of you geniuses out there.

Any help is much appreciated guys.

Thanks

Jim

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz ::: Asus P5N-T Deluxe Mobo
8GB Corsair 800Mhz DDR2 RAM::: xpertvision GeForce 9600GT (1 GB)
External USB sound (Line 6 Toneport UX2) ::: HP DVD1160 DVDRW
160gb SATA (Vista 64) :: 500gb SATA (saves) :: 160gb SATA (for OSX)