View Single Post

Old 06-23-2009, 02:19 AM
Jaguar

I'm assuming you're using an MBR formatted disk since you're trying to use XP. I haven't looked in a while but you may have too many partitions for a single MBR disk. Isn't it limited to 4? I also think OS X installs an invisible EFI partition that would count towards this total, so that may be your problem. Honestly you'd be better off doing this on two drives. I don't think your inability to boot has anything to do with the vanilla kernel. I'm dual booting leopard and Win7 (on separate hd's, one GUID and one MBR) with no problem using chameleon. Well, triple boot if you count my test partition on the Leo drive. And a split partition on the windows drive for time machine. I think you may just be asking too much of an MBR formatted drive. Although I'm admittedly no expert and I could be WAAAAAY off here. If it IS possible, I know it's gonna be a huge pain in the ass. I was trying to install Win7 on a GUID but it would never let me so i just gave up on it and went MBR on the second drive.

~ Snow Leopard Retail w/Empire EFI ~ MSI X58 Platinum SLI ~ Intel Core i7 920 3.2GHz ~
~ Galaxy GTX 260 896mb ~ OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM ~ 500GB Hitachi SATA ~ Sony Optiarc DVD-RW ~

Last edited by InteliMacPro; 06-23-2009 at 02:22 AM.