View Single Post

Old 06-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Jaguar

Well a retail install can be done without the vanilla kernel, such as the voodoo kernel on AMD systems, but it kind of defeats the purpose IMO, so may as well use a distro. You need to boot into your install using a boot 132 cd and then once you're in install chameleon. At least then you'll be able to get into OS X.

All i can really do is point you to this thread for dual booting on the same hard drive. It's for Leopard and Vista, but I would think what would work for Vista would work for Win7. Worth a shot anyway. I'm pretty sure you can't install XP on GUID, and I have no idea about Ubuntu. Your best bet really is at least two hard drives. And you can install a vanilla system on a MBR drive i'm pretty sure.

I like your rig, btw. Nice. You should put it in your sig so you don't have to list all your components all the time when you ask questions. Anybody know if he'll have problems using an IDE and a SATA HDD together?

~ Snow Leopard Retail w/Empire EFI ~ MSI X58 Platinum SLI ~ Intel Core i7 920 3.2GHz ~
~ Galaxy GTX 260 896mb ~ OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM ~ 500GB Hitachi SATA ~ Sony Optiarc DVD-RW ~

Last edited by InteliMacPro; 06-23-2009 at 09:39 AM.