View Single Post

Old 06-20-2009, 04:26 AM
Cheetah

Trying to run Vanilla with Chameleon 2, need some help

Hello folks,

I am in need of some assistance regarding OS X Leopard with a Vanilla kernel and the use of Chameleon 2.0rc1. First off, I have a running Leopard Distro, 10.5.7 as a matter of fact, with almost everything working (sleep has troubles, 4gb RAM + dmg mount sometimes has problems) but this is only a "test" partition, something to work with untill im satisfied with what I build.

So im trying to quad boot on one harddrive, Mac OS X Leopard/Snow Leopard (Not sure yet), Windows 7, Windows XP, and Ubuntu 9.04. Honestly, I dont have a real purpose for all of this other than "I WANT IT!!!!" Im trying to at least get a valid vanilla install to at least boot. I have a original leopard dmg, or I can get access to an original leopard DVD. Currently, I am this guide (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...howtopic=86167) but that only leaves me with a crappy bootloader (Not chameleon 2.0rc1) and an error message along these lines "There was an error during boot. Pause 5 seconds." Then black screen. Is there anything I can do to get a Vanilla kernel to run on my PC or should I dump the project and work with a patched kernel?

Also, what is the deal with PC_EFI and all this? Apparently, PC_EFI has features supported by Chameleon 2.0RC1, so whats the difference? Why is it that the Chameleon 2.0rc1 installer doesnt work for me at all? I hope im not asking too much, but a bit of clarification would be wonderful, as the folks at insanelymac... well lets say nobody seems to answer ANYTHING anymore over there, including their IRC channels.

Specs:
Asus Striker II Extreme (nVidia 790i Ultra SLI Board)
2 x 2 GB OCZ HPC DDR3 RAM
2 x PNY GeForce 9800 GTX 512mb (GE + QGL)
IDE HDD (Current 10.5.7 Leopard Installation)
Sata HDD (4 Partitions + 1 EFI Partition) (This is where I want the Leopard Vanilla)
Sata HDD (Storage)