View Single Post

Old 06-18-2009, 04:37 AM
Jaguar

Hey, sorry i wasn't around.

Let me answer these questions for you.

Yes the patcher you linked. DOWNLOAD the combo update from apples website then patch it. And I have to seatbelt kext, check your inbox.

I have 2 intel machines that use the standard vanilla kernel. When I updated those all I did was change one line for the dsmos.kext and thats about it. W/ amdi you need to do a bit more. Yes voodoo does opcode patching, but you still have to watch out. NEVER do a system update for a new version w/o trying it on a backup setup first.

Now, after you patch 10.5.7 w/ zeph's patcher, install it. this should keep your voodoo kernel as the base kernel, but make sure you have a mach_kernel.voodoo in your root directory. It will restart twice after the update and on the second time it should boot. Just to be safe on both restarts i always boot w/ options and type in mach_kernel.voodoo

After your second restart you should boot into 10.5.7, if you come across any errors, please tell me what the error is and I'll see what I can do.

.:AMD Machine:.
2.6GHz Quad Phenom 9850.:.Biostar TA790GX.:.8GB DDR2 1066MHz.:.nVidia 8600GT.:.500GB Sata HD.:.Running: LawlessPPc 10.5.4 Update to 10.5.7.:.Voodoo Kernel REV A:.

.:Macbook Pro:.
Intel Core 2 Duo.:.2GB DDR2.:.200GB HD:.