View Single Post

Old 12-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Puma

10.6.2 with VT1708B audio - not working

Hello, I have installed Mac OSX 10.6.2 and managed to figure out almost everything that I need.

My huge problem is how do I make the audio work. VodooHDA 0.2.2 doesn't work, not even kernel panic, AppleHDA does the same. Azalia is reported not to work with this chipset. and I found posts in which people say that with the exact mobo that I have VoodooHDA worked right out of the box. I'm clueless...

I used the KEXT HELPER to install the kexts and it isn't working, I have the linux codec dump, I found a tutorial(very ambiguous) on how to convert the dump in hex and somehow build a new driver but the tutorial was very ambiguous and many things were missing.

Can Someone point me in the right direction with this? Is the chipset supported? How can I build a driver from that dump, google is my friend and so far I haven't find a working method, maybe I don't search after the right keywords or smt, dunno.

Thanks, ARTHUR.

Running Snow 10.6.3 + 10.6.3 annapvirth kernel on:

ASUS M3N78
(specs: http://www.deusxmachina.org/manual.pdf
Audio Chipset: VT1708B High Definition Audio 8-channel CODEC (VoodooHDA 17Feb2010 version, only JackOutput, sad about my digital output not working)
)
--------------
AMD Athlon x2 Black Edition 7750 2.7GHz AM2+ 3MB Cache
--------------
Palit nVidia GTS 250 512MB DDR3 (works with GFX Strings)
--------------
2x2GB GeIL Ultra DDR2 800MHz
--------------
Seagate 300GB