Thread: AMD Problem
View Single Post

Old 09-01-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakthi124 View Post
really? can you teach me how exactly to do that? xD i have no idea sorry for sounding like a n00b
Well after Install of OSx86 you should upgrade to 10.6.8 first, then you need to make your system bootable without the EmpireEFI CD, Upgrade your version of the Chameleon bootloader to an up-to-date build, and be sure to have GraphicsEnabler=Yes in your com.apple.Boot.plist

In case ATIRadeonX2000.kext causes a Kernel Panic add -s bootflag and move that Kernel Extension to some different folder - be sure to place it back later in order to have proper working gfx acceraltion.

Your graphic cards device ID needs to be added into Info.plist of ATI4600Controller.kext - this will make the framebuffer driver work (resolution change), what will prevent X2000 kext from causing a panic.

Maybe read through some of the Radeon HD topics like thise one: http://osx86.co/f36/support-for-some...emerged-t6326/
(I know it is not about your device, but it will help you getting an idea, how to handle this stuff...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymusvins View Post
Please help me out as I guess i'm in the last stages of the installation.I selected no additional kernels except the default main 6 gb one.
In case of using a SATA DVD drive, get an IDE one instead & be sure to have a proper Master / Slave configuration, no Cable Select - should fix your chipset driver problem.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 - ASRock AM3A770DE - 8GB DDR3-1333 - Radeon HD 5570 1GB passiv - BCM4318 802.11b/g - Snow Leopard Retail
+++
AMD Phenom X3 8450 - ASRock AM2NF6G-VSTA (BIOS L2.39) - 4GB DDR2-800 - Radeon HD 4650 512MB - Snow Leopard Retail (retired) / OpenBSD

Last edited by Imkantus; 09-01-2011 at 10:36 PM.