View Single Post

Old 08-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Cheetah

Black screen after 10.6.4 update

Hi. Recently I installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard retail with the help of MyHack Installer on my PC. I already had 10.5.6 Leopard (iDeneb 1.6 lite version) on my external hard drive (and it is still there, in case I need it), but I decided to install Snow Leopard to my internal hard drive...

So, there multiple things that don't work, but that's not the question for now... I wanted to install XCode, but it asked me for 10.6.4 update. So, I went do Software Update, downloaded 10.6.4 Combo Update, and installed.

All went fine. After reboot, my system was not booting. It didn't appear the grey screen with the apple logo, just a black screen... And then it restarted.

So, booted in verbose mode to see what happened. It said something like this:

VGA compatible controller : Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03) (controller not available)

But this is strange, since the Graphics always worked well, on Leopard and Snow Leopard... It's just an issue after the update, and I don't know why.

That's why I'm here asking for help... I really would like to boot into my dear Snow Kitty again, to test some more kexts, and such. :P

My specs:

Compaq website specs

Hardinfo detailed hardware report

I also have a more "general" topic on InsanelyMac, with questions about my install:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=230082

Can you help me, please?

Thank you,

JPCanaverde