View Single Post

Old 04-29-2011, 11:21 PM

If you're up for some work, follow this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=201330

Only catch is you'll need 10.5 up and working first.

OR..........

I hope talking about distros here doesn't get me in trouble with the moderators, but it might be the only way to get you up and running.

Get a hold of Hazards distro. Just google it. Either put it on a usb drive and boot from it, or burn it to a DVD. When it starts loading, press F8 and enter the following flags: -v busratio=20

When you get to the installation section, press customize. The only things you should have checked are the following:

Choose the latest chameleon build available under bootloaders
Evoreboot
Choose the lan kext that matches your specs closest

Honestly, thats all you need.

After install upon first boot, enter the following flags: -v busratio=20

This should at least get you in. Your resolution will probably be locked at 1024x768 and your sound won't work, but you should at least have an internet connection. Once at this point, download the combo update for 10.6.7 and the file I mentioned before from nawcom. Open up the nawcom package and let it sit. Install the combo update...do not press restart. Install the nawcom package and then restart.

This time, you don't need the busratio flag.

This should get you to 10.6.7. At this point, back up the entire partition to another disk in case you run into trouble later - at least you'll have a working install ready to go. Search for others with your specs for kexts/solutions for your video card, sound, and other stuff. You'll probably want to update chameleon at least.

Good luck.