View Single Post

Old 04-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Cheetah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulKeZ View Post
Hi all
Yesterday I installed MacOs following partially mialemat guide and in the end I installed 10.6.3 update and lost sound, usb support, bluetooth...
Finally, I decided to install again, and I installed the 10.6.2 combo update. The system works perfectly now. Not without troubles, as after the 10.6.2 update I had a kernel panic that didn't let me boot my system...
I want to comment the way I used to install. I think it could be interesting for those that do not have access to a real Mac like me.
What I did was install SL on a Physical hard disk using VMWare. After the install, I followed the mialemat manual, and ended with a fully functional SL.
If someone is interested in more details about how to install SL in a physical disk with Vmware, please ask. If wou google it, there is a guide to install in Vmware, the basics are the same, changing the virtual disk with a physical one.
What I was unable to do was a dual boot with Windows 7 and SL. I ended using 2 hard drives. One for Windows, one for SL. I have installed Windows and SL about 10 times in the last 2 days... And it was enough for me... The next thing I want to do is create a ghost of SL and try to update to 10.6.3 (when someone publishes a guide, as I am a newbie...)
And I also would like to learn how chameleon works, as I think that was my problem trying to dual boot Windows 7 and SL... If someone has any url for me to learn about it...
Thankyou for all your help. Without your work I would have never installed SL...
Try as written at:

http://byteco.de/2009/12/06/successf...1/#comment-646