View Single Post

Old 10-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Cheetah

Hi,

thanks to slic and little toying around I have a nice running D630 with Snow Leopard. (I figured that my 1440x900 just needs Natit.kext with old AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext, I wish I could find the sources for this kernel extensions to build a 64bit version. I found some newer Natit.kext sources which doesn't include the intel graphics anymore. The kernel extension is not very complicated...)

But now my main issue:

Sleep works fine after a fresh startup. But after some time of usage it just doesn't work anymore. The laptop starts up immediatly after going to sleep. Does somebody have the same issue or even better a solution/suggestion?

I think it has something to do with heat/fan activity. Maybe the bios somehow prevents the laptop from going to sleep (it also has control over the fan speed). Also sleep only works only after a new start when the laptop was inactive for a while, again most likely because of a cooler system?

There is a "ThermalZone" Scope in the dsdt.dsl. Could this be a way to modify the behaviour?

And by the way: I used hibernate as a work around in leopard for a while. But with SL the bootloader(netkas,chameleon) always says the hibernate image file is corrupted. Any solution for this issue?

Last edited by achtung; 10-27-2009 at 12:36 AM.