View Single Post

Old 01-01-2010, 02:45 AM
Cheetah

Question,

I have D630 with nvs 135m graphics card. running snow leopard retail 10.6.2 I can't find a driver/Kext that will give me 3d rendering support. So can't play dvd
get the following error:

There was an initialization error
getting a valid video device could not be found for playback [-70017]

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklabelsktr2 View Post
I mentioned this data a few posts ago.
Basically, updating is safe, just make sure you delete the SleepEnabler.kext before rebooting or you won't be able to get it working again easily. Let me know if you are confused by my posts, it late here, so I'm kind of tired. I'll try and clear up the instructions if needed.

You may need to re-apply some kexts after update depending on your config.
I also decided to use an older version of the boot loader which fixed my usb and bluetooth from dropping out. I never made my own dst.aml file.. so this was a work around for me. To use the older version I just copied the boot file from the link below http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2744542/boot onto my current drive..

Now I updated from 10.6.1 to 10.6.2, but I don't see any trouble if you go straight from 10.6.0 to 10.6.2 as long as you delete that SleepEnabler before reboot.

my current specs (my profile wont let me update my sig for some reason)
Got a wifi card that works with airport! - the same card in the current mbp's
running 10.6.2
Everything working except for Sleep and Restart (also I don't think secondary monitor works..haven't tried it.)

Last edited by rabidpilot; 01-03-2010 at 06:15 AM.