View Single Post

Old 01-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Puma

The DSDT in this package is Great has all the fixes I asked about in my first post.

What is not working for me is:

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext
PS2 keyboard not functioning
USB flash drive insertion error from sleep/wake << I thought there was a DSDT fix for this? I see the DTGP script for each USB device section? Could my USB ports address be different from the DSDT provided?

Here is my kernel log message about Power management? Is there a fix for this?

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed out
Jan 16 13:19:03 my-MacBook kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

Does this mean the DSDT is not have the complete script for this to work? I don't see any LPC script in the DSDT? Maybe I am overlooking it. Is this a C and P state issue?

Should I use VoodooPS2 and remove all the Mac Nub and PS2 kexts supplied in this package?

If I use the voodooPS2 what other kexts do I need to remove besides the ones in this package?

These?
com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad.plist in Preferences folder?
FFscroll Daemon.plist in LaunchDaemons folder?
ffscrolldaemon from the /usr/bin folder?

What is the purpose of the smbios.plst? I have the latest Chameleon. DO I need it still? Is there a PlatformUUID kext for the D830 or do I add the UUID in the smbios.plist?

I see some infomration about before I update to 10.6.2 what I need to do as far as sleepenabler but is there anything else I need to know?

Last question, why can't most of the kexts in this package go into the /volumes/efi/Extra/extensions instead of the /system/library/extensions?

My Laptop is Dell D830 4GB Ram 2.6GZ processor . 1505 BCM wireless
10.6.0 snow

EDITED a FEW MINUTES LATER:

I used the installer this time instead of trying to put in the kexts and plists files manually and now everything works except the ETHERNET kext is not loading correctly and the Disk Insertion from sleep/wake. PS2 now works.

Any clues on what I need to do to get Ethernet and Disk Insertion fixed?

DO I need the smbios.plist and what about the PlatformUUID.plist that is not included in the package? Where does the System UUID go?

Thanks

EDITED AGAIN:

I should have read the guide more carefully I did not set my USB to wake in Powermanagemnt section of the Bios. The DIsk insertion error after sleep/wake is now resolved.

Removed the Ethernet Kext as it was messing with the trackpad.

Is there any driver available yet to get ethernet working? Will it happen? I guess I can purchase a USB to ethernet adapter.

I have a 2.6GHZ processor, how can I change this to show 2.6 instead of 2.0GHZ? SMBIOS.plist?

Is the DSDT.aml need any editing for my particular processor?

And I still have a question about the Extensions in the package installer. Can't those all go into the Volumes/EFI/Extra folder instead?

Thanks

Last edited by osxfr33k; 01-16-2010 at 11:56 PM.